CONTACT: Fernando Garcia
CITY FACILITIES TEMPORARILY CLOSED TO HELP PROTECT PUBLIC
HEALTH AND SAFETY
City will continue to provide essential services to the community
Guadalupe – In order to further reduce the risk of community spread of COVID-19 in our community, the City of Guadalupe is announcing temporary, precautionary changes to City facilities and operations that will help to protect the public and City employees. Although facilities will be temporarily closed to the public, the City will continue to provide all essential services to the community. This will be accomplished by phone, email and online services that limit person to person contact.
“To protect our community, we need to take serious action now to suppress the spread of COVID-19 which will require temporarily limiting access to City Hall and other City facilities,” said City Administrator, Todd Bodem. “We will continue to provide services, such as public safety, that our community relies on during these difficult times and will utilize technology to continue to be available to answer questions and provide information.”
The following changes will be effective Monday, March 16, through the end of March, or until such time that appropriate measures are in place to ensure public health and safety.
The following public counters at City offices will be closed and operations changed, but service will be available using the following information:
- City Hall, 918 Obispo Street:
o Human Resources – (805) 356.3893 or firstname.lastname@example.org
o Utilities Department – (805) 356.3896 or email@example.com
o Finance – (805) 356.3895 or firstname.lastname@example.org
o Public Works –(805) 356.3910 or email@example.com
o Building & Planning –(805) 356.3903 or firstname.lastname@example.org
o City Administration (805) 356.3891 or email@example.com
o Park & Recreation – (805) 356.3894 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fire Department, 918 Obispo Street – (805) 356.3905
- Should members of the public arrive at Fire Station 2 (918 Obispo Street) needing emergency assistance, a doorbell is located at the front door and can be pressed to alert the Station crew. As always, if you are experiencing an emergency, please continue to call 911.
* Police Department, 4490 10th Street – (805) 343-2112 (non-emergency)
- Police Records will continue to be available for public records release, property release and 290 registrations. Appointments can be made at the above listed number.
- Until further notice, officers will handle non-emergency calls for service or calls that do not require an officer to respond in person by phone.
- Community members can also file non-emergency reports via the non-emergency police phone number 805-343-2112.
- There have been no changes to our staffing and officers will continue to be deployed to respond to emergency calls for service.
- All public parks and open spaces will remain open.
The following City facilities and activities will be closed unless otherwise noted:
- Senior Center, Mary Clark– (805) 343-2525
- City Auditorium, Charlie Guzman (805) 356.3894
- Veterans Memorial Building, 1025 Guadalupe Street (805) 343-2737
City Hall will open at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 24th for the scheduled City Council meeting, but in accordance with the new guidance from the State and due to the requirements for social distancing, there will be limited capacity for public attendance. Community members are strongly encouraged to watch City Council meetings live on the cable channel. The public can also submit public comment for meetings in advance by emailing email@example.com. If you have questions about public meetings or need additional accommodations, please contact the Office of the City Administrator at 805-356.3891.
All Advisory Body meetings scheduled at City Hall for the week of March 16th have been postponed and will resume when the City completes plans for the public and advisory body members to use technology to provide input an effort to limit person to person contact.
Please visit www.countyofsb.org/phd or http://cdphready.org/california-health-alert-network-cahan/ for up to date information regarding COVID-19, to learn more information about how you can prepare and see answers to frequently asked questions